Thursday 13 June 2013

Blogging Every Day in June - Day 13


                                             Craft blog every day June
Day two of kittenville. Utah and the rest of us had a relatively quiet night. He woke up around 3 am and needed comforting, but after that he slept fine until we got up. He already knows where to find his food and littertray. It's amazing how quickly they figure that out. He is a little darling so far - may it stay that way.

Day 13 and todays challenge is:

Day 13: What do you want to learn to do? Can be crafty or non-crafty OR Craft something that has stripes

There are lots of things I would love to learn. One is graphic design. I would love to be able to make my own backing papers, decopage sheets and defintely those round lined sentiments you see on a lot of cards - or any other shape of sentiment for that matter. I have been looking for courses in graphic design, but not really sure where to start and what everything means. They all seem to be geared more to photographs. If I could go on a few weekend courses to learn the basics it would be lovely. 

The other one at the moment is cake decorating - I think it looks a lot of fun. I would love to have a play with all the moulds, icing, colours, dust, cutters, etc etc. However it seems like a big investment and I am really not sure how much I would be using it all in the long run? Do any of you do cake decorating? How did you start off? Which are the must have start items?

No card from me today - wasn't quite ready to share my craftroom with a kitten....

Look forward to see what you have all prepared today!



3 comments:

  1. the cake decorating is a lot of fun, one of my Sons is looking forward to starting catering college in September.....he hopes to be a baker and we're looking forward to him practising!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graphic design is really good fun, Winnie. I think you would enjoy it. I did Graphics at College and then at University and it totally gets your mind working in such diverse and creative ways! It's good fun! Definitely look into some courses! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. look up Digital designer. You often get it free with craft mags etc but you can make your own backing papers with that and do lots of other things too

    ReplyDelete